Junior Theme

Abstract
Medicine, such an important item, is becoming more and more expensive. Competition, advertising and no new treatments are just some of the many reasons why there is an increase in prices. For example, something as common as an Epipen has seen a very drastic increase. Mylan, the manufacturer, raised the price of epipens by over 500%, from about $100 to over $600. I dove deep into the reasoning behind the price hike and what’s being done to fix this concerning problem. 

Reflection
It surprised me by how much was already being done to fix the problem yet at the same time, nothing much is being done. I didn't expect there to be anything in terms of something being proposed to congress but i expected there to be more of a public action. It also shocked me to see what consumers are doing to deal with the problem, like skipping doses or not burying necessary treatments because they can’t afford it. On the other hand, I became a better writer in the sense of being able to integrate quotes better or express my concerns or thoughts. Having a lot of evidence and connecting it to the things I was writing was somewhat difficult because I didn’t want to leave out any evidence but I also didn't want to have too much evidence in my paper. Having this struggle helped me realize what was important and what was not, leading to becoming better at selecting evidence. Also, because I had a good amount of evidence that had to be properly integrated, I became better at writing the beginning of a sentence to make it work with the evidence.

Comments