Journal for the week of 4/13/20

Q8
This week, I saw a news story that said that a McDonalds in China refused entry to people of color because of their skin color. Overall, in China, there is xenophobia especially against people of African countries. When I read that there were McDonald’s refusing entry to Africans, I was shocked so I dove in deeper to see what was the reason, which lead me to learn that the Chinese are becoming xenophobic. https://twitter.com/BlackLivityCN/status/1249011762638266374?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1249011762638266374&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.businessinsider.com%2Ffears-of-second-wave-coronavirus-china-sparked-xenophobia-2020-4
Q6
Today, I ate żurek, a typical Polish soup made for Easter. Because we don’t make it often and my mom made a lot of it, which means that we eat it for a while (and I’m glad). We’re eating mostly the same things as we did before quarantine but we rotate different snacks every week or when we run out snacks. This past weekend, we bought tortilla chips and Nature Valley snack bars. 2 weeks ago we bought 2 different types of trail mix. But overall, we eat mostly the same things. 
Q12
While listening to Tides by Jack & Jack, I heard the lyrics “I know this life ain’t what you bargained for but honestly you never know what life has got in store ‘cause everybody’s gonna make it if they try”. Right now, life is confusing, anxiety inducing and stressful but no matter what, you just gotta keep going because this is one of the things life has in store for you. The song as a whole is about coming back up from hitting rock bottom and how life has so much in store for you and hitting rock bottom is just part of the plan to move on. People may think that this is rock bottom for humans but seeing that we bounced back from other pandemics, I know that we can come back up.

Comments