Journals for week 4/20/20

Everyday, I make sure to read at least 2-3 chapters of a book. Watching too much news could cause me to be anxious for what's to come and what's currently happening so I turn to reading. I have 3 different books I haven’t read yet so every day, I switch which book I read which makes life more interesting in my opinion. 

Right now, I’m listening to artists I used to listen to like Jack & Jack and One Direction. I feel as though it helps me get through this time because they’re the types of songs that you can just start dancing around to and forget what's going on outside. Because Jack and Jack recently have come out with newer songs, I’m still discovering their music and listening to them a lot. While on the other hand, One Direction isn’t coming out with more new music soon (apparently there's going to be a 10 year reunion??) so I am listening to all of my old favorites. 

Since my parents are front line workers, their jobs are taking precautions to limit their exposure to COVID-19 positive patients. For example, my mom, an anesthesiologist, works every other day working either longer hours, having a 24 hour shift or having a shortened 24 hour shift. Then, she has a day off after that shift. While my dad, working in an outpatient facility, works for a week or two then has one or two weeks off. Even though they still have their jobs, their schedules have been modified a lot to conform to what's happening around them. 

Comments

  1. I think it's really cool that you're listening to music to get through this! It's interesting how much the mood of a song can change your own mood. I've found that I do a similar thing. It really is a nice coping mechanism in this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it’s great that you’ve turned to reading instead of watching the news. It feels like my parents have the news on all the time and it’s making me go crazy so maybe I’ll try reading one of my old favorite books too. Which books have you been reading?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have been having a hard time listening or reading the news lately, as there’s just a constant flow of Covid-19 updates. I applaud you for choosing reading as an alternative because I find for a lot of people (like my family members) it’s hard not to gravitate to technology as a distraction. Keep up the good reading schedule!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment